MRL Elevator machines are located in the hoistway, eliminating the need for a traditional machine room. They are designed for low- to mid-rise buildings having up to 250 feet of rise.
- Eliminates traditional machine room
- Reduces power consumption
- Greater speeds than hydraulic systems
- Less expensive than geared traction systems
- Accommodates front/rear openings
Best suited for
- Low- to mid-rise buildings
The Elevator Company MRL elevators are ideal when space for a machine room is not available. In addition, MRLs are economical because they require less power, when compared to traditional geared traction equipment. Also, Traction MRLs eliminate problems associated with hydraulic equipment (i.e. soil corrosion, noise, and smell).